Author Topic: Kingdom 683  (Read 1669 times)

Tyr

• View Profile
Kingdom 683
« on: June 27, 2021, 10:52:23 pm »
Kanki.  Even if he wins using this strategy, he's now cost Qin Ouhon's unit, and himself lost Raido unit, which I think was his heaviest hitter.

I know that he had to win quickly against terrible odds.  But, compare him to Ousen in the last war... he may win, but, at what cost?

Ousen lost folk too.  But, not like this. 

I don't think Kanki is best operating on his own, in big, entrenched battles.  His strategies work, but, I see his weakness now.  If he is forced to fight straight up, no tricks... he's not very good.  In fact, he can't quite do it.  Here, he is still relying on his old tricks of trying to bait his enemy using brutality... I guess it worked.  But, he couldn't pay this high a cost many times.  I honestly think his army is way weaker without Raido, who was his strongest 'pure military' commander/force.  And the guy kanki himself said was the only one he could count on for this.

In other news, I look forward to seeing how Anakin showed up from the right, and, why they didn't just go that direction to start... I guess maybe the cliff guys opened a gap?

Pharoah_Meroe

• View Profile
Re: Kingdom 683
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 07:23:43 am »
I am trying to figure out how Anakin got up there. Did he move through the mountains?
Also what about the Archery group and the Calvary until Sosui and Hi Hyou and they with Shin
?

Tyr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 05:29:20 pm »
I had the same questions.  I found a good answer for one, I really hope there's a good answer for the other.

My answer for the one:

The archer unit was not used, because, that would have been two units the cavalry had to cover.  They're already covering the climb of the infantry, keeping the Zhao forces below the cliff off the infantry's back.   While the archer unit would have been helpful in the infantry's climb, shooting up, maybe not all THAT helpful- except for Jin and Tan.

but, think of the risk to Jin an Tan.  They would've immediately become high valued targets, with no real infantry support, far away from base.  Even if they could have gotten there and given support, getting back to base would've been (literal) murder.

Jeorgie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 04:56:45 am »
I mean if anything, Kanki doesn’t think that highly of Ouhon…so while it may to us be a loss to him, he’s just separating the wheat from the chaff. Like pretend the Koko-forest arc but replace Shin with Ouhon…I can easily see it working out way worse….

I suppose they just climbed somewhere outside “the battlefield” much like how I guess Cao Cao “outflanks” Yuan Shao in the “romantic” Guande.

Tyr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 03:47:49 pm »
Well agreed Kanki doesn't care about Ouhon's loss.  I'm saying, he definitely will care about Raido's loss.

His strategy was questionable when sacrificing Ouhon's army, because, even given kanki didn't care about them, Qin did.

Qin cannot afford to lose pieces that valuable, period, end of.  What they're doing is a marathon, beating all seven states in a limited time, efficient use of the resources armies' represent is huge.  in other words, they can't lose their elite forces for this to work.  If every engagement contains this amount of reckless loss, they will be ground down. 

Kanki may be too shortsighted to see that, or he may not care.

Either way, he will care about Raido dying.  So, therefore, I've gone from thinking he just didn't give a f, to, thinking his strategy was fundamentally flawed, even for him.

Jeorgie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 09:48:30 pm »
I’ll have to disagree with that.

Kanki actually has been quite careful with his commands and sure Ouhon sacrificed his army but again Kanki’s orders were just for him to win and take whatever city was on the hill - he never specified how he should do it.

Much unlike Ousen, who basically spells out what Heki should do, when fighting Renpa’s deputy.

I mean the difference is I think Kanki expects Ouhon to approach the situation a certain way, and I can see it as almost a sorta “tough lesson” as Ouhon after the ordeal actually comes to Shin to give a plan where Shin can win which in the past would seem ridiculous as he doesn’t see him as an equal. Sure Ouhon’s “army” maybe quite ruined, he as a character has learnt something much like how Ten upon hearing of Kanki’s wild strategy learns it’s actually the soundest decision at Koko Forest.

Tyr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 07:03:17 am »
Well we sure do disagree!

I think you probably disagree with Hara also.  If you recall, at the end of the chapter where the Six Great Generals were revived, there was a teaser that we were about to watch how giving generals such leeway was a 'double edged sword.'  After a whole chapter where all the other kingdoms reacted and said the same...

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/kingdom/en/62/673/page/20

Also, Ousen was facing a man who both Kingdom and actual history call the greatest general of the era/all time(?).  And, he lost one general.  His losses were far more acceptable, less than Kanki's, and, this battle isn't even over yet.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 07:05:40 am by Tyr »

Pharoah_Meroe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 08:29:05 am »
Good Discussion! Hoping Hi Hyou will make an appearance. I think Anakin will take orders from General RI Shon  :)
I just love saying that

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal