Author Topic: Kingdom 682  (Read 1206 times)

Tyr

• View Profile
Kingdom 682
« on: June 12, 2021, 06:46:13 pm »
Ok so, real talk, 682 on my first read was my least favorite kingdom chapter ever.  I had notes. 

but rereading it, I feel better for a few reasons.  Which I'll share.

1.  the first part of the cliff they started climbing: first read, I thought it was vertical.  Its not, quite, if you look, its too steep to walk up, too steep for horses, but not quite vertical.  Unless they are/were pushing upwards, their feet could've taken the majority of their weight, which matters.

2.  The second part of the cliff, the inverted part, wasn't inverted the whole way.  There were inverted sections, which, yes, would've been a nightmare to climb.  but other spots on which they could have rested temporarily. 

3. Once they were away from the falling rocks, they could have rested a bit, even on the inverted section.  kinda.

4.  Only the people in the lead, the best climbers, made it up the inverted cliff.  The rest went back to the sloped cliff, and climbed that.  And, the best climbers only climbed the inverted cliff for a small section of it.  Because Zhao waited until they were nearly at the top to start with the rocks. 

5.  The arrows.  That was my least favorite part- they were shot with arrows on the cliffs, but could grab their shields?  Well... on one hand, I don't remember shields being in previous panels. so I can't defend that.  But on the other, that section of cliff, the slope was such that in theory they could have released their hands to grab shields without falling.

OK.  Keeping my crown as kingdom's #1 apologist.  This chapter sure made it tough though and I really hope its not a sign of things to come.

Tyr

• View Profile
Re: Kingdom 682
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 06:46:49 pm »
Ok so, real talk. On my first read, 682 was my least favorite kingdom chapter ever.  I had notes. 

but rereading it, I feel better for a few reasons.  Which I'll share.

1.  the first part of the cliff they started climbing: first read, I thought it was vertical.  Its not, quite, if you look, its too steep to walk up, too steep for horses, but not quite vertical.  Unless they are/were pushing upwards, their feet could've taken the majority of their weight, which matters.

2.  The second part of the cliff, the inverted part, wasn't inverted the whole way.  There were inverted sections, which, yes, would've been a nightmare to climb.  but other spots on which they could have rested temporarily. 

3. Once they were away from the falling rocks, they could have rested a bit, even on the inverted section.  kinda.

4.  Only the people in the lead, the best climbers, made it up the inverted cliff.  The rest went back to the sloped cliff, and climbed that.  And, the best climbers only climbed the inverted cliff for a small section of it.  Because Zhao waited until they were nearly at the top to start with the rocks. 

5.  The arrows.  That was my least favorite part- they were shot with arrows on the cliffs, but could grab their shields?  Well... on one hand, I don't remember shields being in previous panels. so I can't defend that.  But on the other, that section of cliff, the slope was such that in theory they could have released their hands to grab shields without falling.

OK.  Keeping my crown as kingdom's #1 apologist.  This chapter sure made it tough though and I really hope its not a sign of things to come.

Edit: 6.  when they reached the top, they were fighting the Zhao part of the army in charge of dropping rocks.  If Zhao were smart, it would have put its most useless/most injured members of infintry there, having no expectation they'd actually see combat.  It wasn't exactly 'tired hi shin' vs crack troops.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 07:00:33 pm by Tyr »

Pharoah_Meroe

• View Profile
Re: Kingdom 682
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 05:49:07 am »
So why does it take soooo long to get a new issue? I means it not this is color Manga.
I've been reading this since 2016. It was much faster then.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal