Author Topic: Chapter 676  (Read 1703 times)

Tyr

• View Profile
Chapter 676
« on: April 17, 2021, 08:25:30 am »
I feel better about having no idea WTF Kanki is thinking.   Not even Ousen gets it, and he's a fictional genius

I cannot think of one advantage Kanki has- ground, troop strength, numbers, position, entrenchment, surprise, strategy. 

If he wins, it'll be like he defeated warfare itself

Edit: one thing comes to mind

a) Zhao engages kanki
b) Kanki takes light losses, immediately flame hares the hell outta there/retreats
c) Zhao assumes he's routed, begins flanking Ousen
d) Kanki returns, hits a pre-designated target, while Ousen's forces are getting routed
e) Ei Sei and Shoubunkun finally realize they made a terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible decision
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:30:20 am by Tyr »

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 676
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 03:33:51 pm »
Hi Tyr,

One can only hope that Ou Hon's disadvantage is Ko Chou's as well. Thank goodness unfavorable terrain isn't bias, the geography alone won't provide Zhao any special tactics beyond ambush. On the other hand, Kan Ki and his men had their arse handed to them and they've seen what happens to anyone trying to set foot near Eikyuu. I don't know if Ko Chou's plan to target Kan Ki first is a blessing in disguise for the rest of the Qin armies all I know is that there are two great generals just as dangerous waiting for an opportunity. Was this Kan Ki's true aim after all, to lure Zhao in? Funny how someone always takes the bait.

(Ch.674 Pg.21)

Tyr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 09:38:17 pm »
`Ah, Thanks Jac, weirdly this helps.  This battle is making me nervous.  haha... sad but true!   

But you make some really good points. For one, Kanki has totally destabilized the stalemate- maybe that alone gives Qin a kind of advantage, because two great generals, one who now is a hybrid instinctual/strategic type (able to react super quickly,), and, Shin and Ouhon running around too...

Perhaps this army is set up perfectly to thrive in an topsy turvy field... Kanki surely has delivered that. 

I just hope the new Ou baby has a daddy when it's over

Jeorgie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 12:09:32 am »
Yea, that left flank massacre scene was sorta foreboding. Almost like we might see a reversal there but instead it’s the Ko Chou army this time. Like I assume after having “beaten” Kanki and with Ouhon taking Eikyuu, Ko Chou will try to retake it and with overwhelming numbers slog through the same difficult path only to either Kanki to show up or with Ousen as well and just GG.

Oddly I think that despite no one trusts Ousen, Kanki actually has the most faith in him as a “good guy”. I can easily see him knowing the even if things turn for the worse, Ousen will come in to save his bacon, unlike what his deputies think to do which is go off and get glory elsewhere.

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 08:17:16 pm »
Guys I think you’re on to something and maybe why Kan Ki fails to demonstrate any sign of concern. The Six function independently but every general will always support the other, that’s the nature of the beast. At the moment, three of the Six threaten Zhao but, what guarantees this will not change? What’s stopping another from joining, even if only temporary? Taking it step further, could they swap places to accomplish set goal? This last one seems a bit tricky.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal