Author Topic: Cleaner & Typesetter - Arcanon  (Read 450 times)

Arcanon

• View Profile
Cleaner & Typesetter - Arcanon
« on: September 12, 2020, 02:47:04 pm »
Username: Arcanon
Version of Photoshop: CS6 full
Time zone: GMT (UK)
Age Group: 21+
Availability Schedule: Most of the time for a while. My degree studies resume in October but I'll still have some free time, but I will only be able to help out until my current situation changes sometime in the next 6 months.
Preferred Projects: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II
Previous work/experience: 17 years experience as a web developer, 14 years experience as a programmer, 15 years experience with photoshop, enjoyed manga and anime for 17 years, did cleaning and typesetting for Bleach for a couple of months, but stopped due to a massive change in my living arrangements (I no longer had reliable internet for a long time, and a demanding ex)
Any additional information you feel is relevant: none that comes to mind.

Royalblue

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaner & Typesetter - Arcanon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 01:48:31 am »
Hi Arcanon,

Test: Sense-scans Typesetting Test
All you need is in that zip file.

If you are new to typesetting, please take a look at Typesetting 101

You have until Sep 21th to complete this test.

Please PM me your test when you complete it.

Good luck

Xyros

• Recruitment Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 12:17:24 pm »
Thank you for applying! Please try out both our tankoubon (Volume) and magazine cleaning tests.
I suggest that you start with the tankoubon cleaning test first if you have limited experience working with manga.
The magazine cleaning test is for experienced cleaners (ie Kingdom), if you feel you're able to get results close to what our releases look like then please attempt it. If not then feel free to skip it.

Tankoubon: https://mega.nz/#!1093zKbC!AJiD4jLj9VeJpeUZ7mQ23DMaYsEwgIUQmW0aQRpSuPU
Magazine: https://mega.nz/#!Rhlw0TTA!rhBlmAFf4sBP6hS7OXuw8jWGfGP_KJ5XEX15PXbFVxY

In case you need some guidance of what to do or how to do it, I suggest you to read this:
Tankoubon test instructions: http://sensescans.com/index.php?topic=2813.0
Magazine cleaning guide: http://sensescans.com/index.php?topic=2814.0

Resize all tankoubon pages to 1400px height 72ppi and for Magazine pages 1200px height, 72ppi as the final image size.
Also, our Volume raws will not require topaz filtering. Please refrain from using it while working with the tankoubon test. And btw, there's no need to redraw.

When you are done, please contact me via PM with a link to your pages as .PSDs with a RAW layer, Clean layer, and another layer where you paint the bubbles white out, you do not need to send us back a copy of the raws or pages converted to JPG/PNGs.

Best of luck, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

You have until Sep 23rd to complete this test.

Arcanon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 05:42:33 am »
I'll do that now then. It should be done in the next couple of hours.

If you want me to do cleaning, would you like me to do a cleaning test as well? That'll take me a bit longer, but I can probably get that done this evening or by tomorrow evening.

EDIT:: -_-' well I certainly feel foolish. I had this page loaded since yesterday morning, so I hadn't refreshed to see that Xyros had given me a cleaning test. As I said, I'll try and get that done tonight.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:46:17 am by Arcanon »

Arcanon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 07:03:00 am »
TS test is done and PM sent.

Arcanon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 01:28:42 pm »
Cleaning test done and PM sent

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal