Author Topic: Chapter 639  (Read 1927 times)

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Chapter 639
« on: April 16, 2020, 05:45:21 pm »
Whether or not the other states like Zhao at this point it doesn’t really matter. No one helped and no one offered help. Yan made a mess of things and nothing would make me feel better if Qin destroyed this state next. For Qin this was an uphill battle nonetheless they forced their way in and will soon control more than a third of the country’s land. And anyone who’s figured out that Qi had anything to do with it may actually become paranoid not knowing if other surrounding states have secretly teamed up with Qin to attack them next, but this won't be right away. Still, do you see what’s happening here? Either they come together or lose everything against Qin. There are two important pieces of data that point as to why Zhao lost this fight. One was the internal strife among the political party that was left unchecked for god knows how long and the other was beyond anyone’s control. Ri Boku’s fate was sealed the moment he decided to ignore that the country is ruled by a lunatic. I’ve said this before, had the king mysteriously disappeared long ago Ou Sen would never have taken on this challenge. Ren Pa did the right thing to abandon Zhao. Anyhow, it looks like the end of the arc is near now that Tou is approaching Retsubi. The smaller states are probably scrambling to make allies if they haven’t already done so, heck they may even begin to increase the number of spies for good measure.

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 639
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 07:37:38 pm »
I can’t stop thinking about what Kaku Kai said to Ri Boku. What’s his motivation why did he personally make it a point to tell Ri Boku his execution will be public? I thought all executions for officials were public anyway? Could there be a personal grudge maybe history between the two? I’d like to believe he’s after more than just a high ranking position within the state of Zhao. I’m well aware that the rank of Prime Minister is the highest political position within a royal court and its authority regarded as top-tier and answers only to the King. I get it, it’s a lucrative profession and one that many only dream of. If in fact this is his sole motivation for undermining Ri Boku then it makes it less interesting. His character is completely transparent, that’s the way I see it and where’s the fun in that.