Author Topic: Chapter 629  (Read 2671 times)

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Chapter 629
« on: January 30, 2020, 04:49:14 pm »
Choked up, that’s how I felt as I read the chapter. I knew what to expect, the previous chapter made it clear but I wasn’t ready for the heartfelt words shared by the HSU. It’s been a long ride and although I may sometimes express dissatisfaction here and there nothing could have prepared me for what just happened. Realization hit me like a ton of bricks and never in a million years would I have imagined Shin’s death (god I hate that word), nonetheless it’s part of the cycle. Anyway, I’d rather not dwell on it so let’s move on. Kyou Kai asked Ten to move aside, why? Is she about to perform CPR? According to Suu Gen, Shin is past the point of no return. Legally that makes Shin a cadaver. Wait a minute, what happened to his regenerative capability? Has his body simply shut down all bodily functions in order to preserve itself? Is he in stasis? I hope so.

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 629
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:33:19 pm »
Just realized something important, imagine when word of Shin’s death reaches Ei Sei and old man Shi Bun Kun. How will they react to the news even if it’s not completely accurate, especially Ryo Fui and the Queens mom? What’s Ren Pa gonna say? Mou Bu, Tou, Yo Tan Wa and even Kan Ki? Then there’s the other states and their respective generals like Ri Boku, Fu Tei, Ka Rin and her boys, Kou Yoku and Haku Rei, especially Go Hou Mei. Will Go Hou Mei make a move against Ou Sen? Will he assist Ri Boku for personal gain? Will this if it happens eliminate Ou Sens chance to take Gyou? What will Shou Hei Kun think or say? I can’t wait to hear Ou Hon and Mou Ten discuss Shin’s fate. There are so many characters including women and children that he’s crossed paths with throughout his journey where he’s made an impact in their lives. Women who have fallen for Shin and kids who look up to him as a role model. This will be big news for everyone, I guarantee it.

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 629
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 11:35:48 pm »
Seen a lot of discussion form around Kyou Kai’s ability to bring Shin back from the dead and it’s interesting. Besides, it’s the impression we get when she shuffles closer to Shin at the end of the chapter. In fact, chapter 550 plays with an interesting concept I prefer to call channeling for lack of a better word, she calls it sharing one’s life force. We know absolutely nothing about it and the technique could have its origin anywhere but the practice seems to be perfected (probably long ago). Hou Ken’s parents demonstrate this when they heal the sick and wounded. Given the current state Shin is in holding hands seems a little absurd but let’s entertain the notion anyway. One thing troubles me, doesn’t the recipient need a beating heart? How dead is he, technically speaking? This is where things get interesting. Research indicates it’s possible to bring someone back but this depends on the level of permanency, in other words, at what point did he go into cardiac arrest?

(click to show/hide)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal