Author Topic: Ten Bows of China  (Read 5426 times)

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Ten Bows of China
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:18:07 am »
Chapter 491 proves the HSU will commence an assessment of recruits. Something most of us have been looking forward to when you consider past events. Fast forward and the closing pages depict two bowmen who linger at the rear of the lot almost as if to seek recognition. Therefore, it’s safe to presume archery is among the many exercises the HSU will focus on to strengthen the unit as a whole, and why I think it’s the perfect opportunity to discuss the Ten Bows of China.

At present, Chu clearly has the advantage when it comes to this area of expertise. When compared, its number of archers exceeds that of any other state. Just as significant is the overall decline of archers regarded with such prestige. Which means that for the time being Chu dominates with archer superiority. First, to exit the stage was Kou Rigen of Wei, whose career abruptly ended when Shin struck him down in the battle of Dakan Plains. Later, in the battle of Bayou, Shin in a fit of fury dispatches Gika of Zhao, the oldest member of this exclusive club ERASED. Good riddance to backstabbers I always say (Pun intended). 8^)

The remaining Ten Bows of China currently reside in the state of Chu. Kyou En, one of Great General Ren Pa’s Four Heavenly kings, and a former resident of Wei and Zhao. Composed, perceptive, and discreet is about all there is to say about him, which is more than enough. The other remarkable archer is Haku Rei. He ranks third place in Chu. But, why third place? Does this mean that Kyou En and someone else secure positions one and two? By the way, that “someone else” is yet to be identified and so the mystery deepens. Which leads to my next point.

Why, Qin, a state with so much talent, has yet to birth a capable archer that’s recognized as a member of the Ten Bows. I find this peculiar, especially when you take into account that Qin can be considered a superpower during the warring states period. A vast nation with so many walks of life, it’s bound to eventually inherit someone worthy of being perceived as a Ten Bow, right? So, why have we not seen archers of this caliber among the ranks of Qin’s armies?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal