Author Topic: The Legend of Empress Gyokuen Chapter 220  (Read 15951 times)

hollowlaughter

• ~unicorns~
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Empress Gyokuen Chapter 220
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 11:56:17 am »
With as much as the fans in the #magi tag on Tumblr seem to appreciate the new team, I hope they'll work hard to keep producing at this level of quality in the future, it's definitely what the fans deserve!

wizzarrd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 03:22:47 pm »
I made an account just to say this, but...

I love you guys sooooo much :D
The chapter was fantastic. I don't even care if you guys release the normal chapter.
I hope you guys don't get too much abuse for doing what you did, and even if you do, there are plenty of people on your side!
Keep on rocking in the free world and if I ever get a job I'll donate!
Bye!

Edit: after reading everyone's posts more clearly, it was an April Fools joke. I thought it was more of trying to get the people who complain for earlier releases to get off your backs. I'm an idiot, and I leave my post up as a testament to that. Great chapter anyways :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:25:27 pm by wizzarrd »

Minty

• The Red Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 04:48:11 pm »

The chapter was fantastic. I don't even care if you guys release the normal chapter.
I hope you guys don't get too much abuse for doing what you did, and even if you do, there are plenty of people on your side!
Bye!

Edit: after reading everyone's posts more clearly, it was an April Fools joke. I thought it was more of trying to get the people who complain for earlier releases to get off your backs. I'm an idiot, and I leave my post up as a testament to that. Great chapter anyways :)

Hey dude, you're not wrong ;)
#redraws

wizzarrd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 11:15:00 pm »

Bye!

Hey Minty! Thanks for the reassurance. I wish there was a way to thank you for your post besides commenting, but commenting is good, too.
And I was wondering (if you wouldn't mind answering that is), what's it like to work on scanlation (especially for a group that seems so bent on perfection like sense)? I've read a couple of accounts online and heard different things, but what does it feel like, with all of that work/perfection? Does it change your perspective on manga?

And if you don't feel up to answering that, I was wondering...
What's your favorite type of ice-cream?
Please someone tell me if I'm inappropriately using the forums at this point, I don't want to be a burden/annoyance.

What?

• It's not´╗┐ tears, it's... it's liquid pride.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 10:30:46 am »
Haha! Sugar Honey Ice Tea, I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the chapter.

aoi

• The Azure Empress
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 05:37:58 am »

Bye!

Hey Minty! Thanks for the reassurance. I wish there was a way to thank you for your post besides commenting, but commenting is good, too.
And I was wondering (if you wouldn't mind answering that is), what's it like to work on scanlation (especially for a group that seems so bent on perfection like sense)? I've read a couple of accounts online and heard different things, but what does it feel like, with all of that work/perfection? Does it change your perspective on manga?

And if you don't feel up to answering that, I was wondering...
What's your favorite type of ice-cream?
Please someone tell me if I'm inappropriately using the forums at this point, I don't want to be a burden/annoyance.

Minty probs didn't see this so I'll at least address one thing:
Sense actually isn't all that bent on perfection. If it was I'd be releasing more v2s.
It's more like- Having a decent set of skills.
So for instance, if you apply as a translator please be able to actually translate. Excluding cases where something is confusing and you need to ask for verification, we shouldn't need to check your translation for every chapter you do for translation errors. (Which surprisingly some groups actually do.)
Which is why to most people our tests seem hard, but really if you apply yourself a bit and try to learn and improve you'll go a lot farther. We try to at least give some constructive feedback on our tests.

wizzarrd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 09:34:02 pm »
Thanks aoi!

And since I've never worked on any scanlations before, your work has looked extremely good, even when you guys were going through those Magi and Buyuden release blitzes.
And I would apply if I could make a commitment, but I can't. I don't want to be one of those people that helps for a couple of weeks and then bails, so I'd rather try and help with donations (one day).
Thank you for your reply on standards and overall work :)
It was quite informative, and very friendly! Thank you for the work you do, and have a great day!

And sorry for the late response. I just happened to spot it today! I will be more on top of things in the future. Hopefully.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal