Author Topic: Shoukoku no Altair Chapter 45  (Read 7677 times)

aoi

• The Azure Empress
    • View Profile
Shoukoku no Altair Chapter 45
« on: February 28, 2014, 07:07:39 pm »
Shoukoku no Altair

Who knew bird poop was that useful…

On a side note, I’ve been avoiding commenting on this matter, but seeing as it’s caused me a great deal of stress (yes it’s ridiculous shush) and it annoys a lot of other members, particularly those who work on Altair, I’m going to make a note of it.

This chapter was later than expected. As we’ve mentioned time and time again, our release schedule for Altair is every 2-3 weeks. This one took roughly 4-5 weeks.

The other day I happened to be browsing the net when I came across some people complaining about when the next chapter of Altair would be out. Of course, it’s to be expected since it was later. But what really peeved me was that we had received 0 inquiries into the status of the chapter. Yet I saw people, as soon as the 4 week mark had passed went to pester other people for the chapter.

So here’s the question no one bothered to ask: Why is Altair late?

Well, there is a good number of reasons, so let me list them out for you.

We had mentioned 3 weeks ago that by starting Buyuhell all of our series except for Magi, Sinbad and Magus would be stalled until it was complete. It lasted 12 days. Now if any of you happen to read credit pages, it would occur to you that part of the Altair staff was working on Buyuden. We shuffled around a lot of staff to focus on that. BuyuHell took a total of 12 days, or roughly 2 weeks. If BuyuHell hadn’t occurred, Altair probably would’ve been out sooner.

Now, why do I say probably? Well if any of you people reading this are aware of things beyond your computer screen, its exam time. Most of our staff is in University or College. Do the math.

But probably the thing that hit us the hardest was that Coco’s computer died. She’s the translator for Altair. She lost everything. Including the translation for 45 and parts of translations for other chapters and all her raws. This had happened right when she was almost done 45. If you look at the credits you can see that I covered for her. This was on a last minute basis. Other translators couldn’t help and, as I’ve been saying, if you read credit pages I work on pretty much every single manga Sense scanlates.

Now here’s a question to people complaining about Altair: Would you like me to stop working on everything else? Would you like no Magi, Sinbad, Magus, Number, Mother Keeper, Hallelujah Overdrive, Denyuuden, Hakkenden, or One Week Friends? What will you say to all those other people in all those other fandoms when their chapters suddenly stop? When I focus solely on Altair? Or how about we put all of Sense onto Altair? Then everything other than Altair will stop. Will that make you happy?

What if we start releasing a chapter a day and then take a break because someone got sick and couldn’t finish their part? Will you then start demanding that the next chapter be released right away? Will you start to harass us and complain and then go beg someone else?

How entitled do you think you are? You do not pay us. You can offer to help us, you can ask for when the next chapter will be out, you can ask why it’s delayed, you can thank us in our release posts. But you cannot demand anything from us.

I am tired of seeing people act like this. I am tired of looking online for discussions and seeing people bashing us. I had expected more out of the Altair fandom, but if you can’t wait a month for a manga that is released monthly, what are you going to do when we catch up? How did you even manage to go that 6 month waiting period before we picked this up?

I am sick and tired of this. Take this as an open letter to the Altair fandom. Please, have some patience and some decency to ask for the status of the mangas you love. Scanlators scan because we like the manga we work on. It’s because we’re fans that we put hours and hours into producing scans for other people freely. All we want is to know that people appreciate the effort we put in and to chat about the mangas we love.

Sincerely,

Empress Aoi (◕‿◕✿)

Read Online: SE Reader
Download: MF

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 07:11:57 pm by aoi »

Akiba soldier

• View Profile
Re: Shoukoku no Altair Chapter 45
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:01:02 pm »
Wow thanks for the new scan.

I am wondering why it took so long for this one?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:13:21 pm by Akiba soldier »

aoi

• The Azure Empress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:14:20 pm »
Wow thanks for the new scan.

It only took what, Six to seven months after telling Aizen to stop scanlating them. So Aizen pumps out five in a week and you tell him to stop or else you will drop the manga. Then it takes you SIX months to release the next chapter? wtf mate?

Yeah it looks better but I read it for the story, and I just wanted to let you know, that you forced tens of thousands of people to wait six to seven months for a new release because you decided to be petty.

We told him we would prefer him to stop but he could do whatever he wanted. This was decided through PM.
We released a chapter of Altair every 2-3 weeks as stated. Check MU if you want exact dates.
And the only reason we considered dropping it was because people were harassing us. If I recall at least two people told us to die.
Had Aizen decided to help us back in August or asked instead of releasing a chapter right before we did, those tens of thousands of people would've only had to wait 2-3 weeks, maybe less, for a new chapter for the last 6 months.
And obviously, going forward, those tens of thousands of people will probably get a new chapter every 2-3 weeks.

mithras131

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:43:32 pm »
I made an account just to say thank you for scanlating the manga! I know some among us are sucky leeches (pun intended, I guess?) but I just want to thank you for putting this stuff out anyway. You all are great and I know I can always depend on Sense for intelligent scans and translations of intelligent and provocative manga. Thanks again :D

D1337

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:44:53 pm »
D: Angweeeee. Cheer up and be Happy! :D Many Thankies for SnA45!

CptnSuz

• View Profile
    • Share and Enjoy
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:53 pm »
Thank you very much!

oppopp

• Cleaners
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »
WHEN IS THE NEXT FUCKING CHAPTER COMING OUT IT'S LIKE THE STAFF DON'T CARE AT ALL ABOUT THE FANS!!!!!!

OmegaZen

• I am a robot superhero
    • View Profile
    • My devART Account
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »
WHEN IS THE NEXT FUCKING CHAPTER COMING OUT IT'S LIKE THE STAFF DON'T CARE AT ALL ABOUT THE FANS!!!!!!

Raigerzero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 05:17:00 pm »

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Minty

• The Red Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 04:28:17 am »
lol omg
#redraws

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal