Author Topic: Nice to Meet you!  (Read 11377 times)

Goodluck88

• (ノ≧∀≦)ノ (ノ゚▽゚)ノ ヽ( °◇°)ノ
    • View Profile
Nice to Meet you!
« on: May 29, 2012, 12:23:10 pm »
Hi guys, I recently got accepted as a translator of Sense Scans! I really look forward to meeting you all!
So here's a little intro about myself.

Name: Keito (jp) or Andrew (en), whichever you prefer.
I am Japanese (can't wait for summerrrrr)
If you have a PSN, please add me ^_^ PSN: Good_Luck88

What I like:
gaming (TWEWY and FF are the best!)
Manga - AKB49, Naruto (although I'm recently being fed up with the stupid war), Gantz, Kuroko no Basket, Fairy Tail, Beelzebub, Katekyo, too many  :P
Music (Anything besides metal, recently getting into something interesting called Japanese Rap...)
Animals
Tennis
Piano and playing with the Synthesizer

What I dislike:
Hating
People who complain too much
Metal :P

I think that's really it for now! I really look forward to having fun with you and I hope I can meet translating expectations!
それでも未来に風は吹いている~

vargs

• --He who slays the Monster--
    • View Profile
Re: Nice to Meet you!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 12:39:34 pm »
Sup! Nice to meet you, too, and welcome to Sense! Grats on passing! \o/

I go by vargs around here and I actually have nothing to do with AKB49, since I mainly proofread Magi, Youkai Apaato, and Number. Been meaning to start AKB49, but haven't gotten the chance to catch up. Either way, awesome new translator!

So I see you're fond of jrpgs, huh... TWEWY's one of my favorites as well c: We've got plenty of gamers in our scanlation group, lol. (Sometimes, it keeps us from doing actual scanlation work.......) Lots of Jump series you're into, cool cool.... I'm actually one of the proofreaders for Kuroko no Basket over at iManga-Scans, but Boss doesn't like it when his slaves staff members hold more than one allegiance, lol, so awesomeeeee, glad there's another KnB fan here c:

You sound like a pretty cool person, so we're looking forward to working with you! Drop by IRC sometime. We've also got a staff Skype chat room if you wanna join in and chill with the crew.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:45:06 pm by vargs »

Jin/ShizennotekiP's Kagerou Project; Art by △○□×

Ziekiel

• Maow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 12:53:52 pm »
Nice to know another Japanese translator has joined the group! I go by Ziekiel here and I work on Youkai Apaato and the occasional AKB49 chapter when I'm not being lazy and/or working on Youkai.

Vargs is an awesome proofreader as is a good number of the staff, so I hope you enjoy working with us!

What manga are you going to be translating? One of the larger ongoing projects or a new project?

CycloBenzene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »
Hey!  Nice to meet you, Keito.  I go buy a variety of names, ranging from Train Squirrel to Magikarp depending on my mood / other people. 

Final fantasy is awesome!  I'm currently replaying X when I find the time...  I plan on not touching X-2 again with a ten foot stick ~.~

See you around!  Perhaps on IRC?
Working hard to maintain 2/3 of a post per day

Goodluck88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:39:42 pm »
Nice to meet you all! You guys are all awesome! :D

@Ziekiel: I am atm translating AKB49, so Im assuming its a larger ongoing project. Hope I can keep up with the work lol

@Vargs: That's really awesome your into TWEWY! the game's lost some popularity but thankfully KH brought it back! (although I'm not much of a KH fan)

@Train Squirrel: LOL, I'm trying to complete all the fragments of XXIII-2... Still disappointed with the game itself though >_<
それでも未来に風は吹いている~

aoi

• The Azure Empress
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:36:46 pm »
Yo~~~~~
It's nice to meet 'cha~
Welcome to Sense~

Mizuho

• Befriending all, one Divine Buster at a time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 02:57:54 pm »
Welcome to Sense, any fan of AKB49 is most certainly welcome :D I typeset AKB along with KF and OmegaZen when she's not busy with Magi, and I also proofread other series except Magi hehe. Anyways, looking forward to typing your translations. Cya!

Goodluck88

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 03:18:52 pm »
@aoi: hey~~~~~ nice to meet you too ^_^ and thanks, I hope to enjoy my stay at sense hehe :3

@MaverickZero: Thanks! but don't look forward to the translations -.-' I did the test in 20 minutes... the first page of the real thing alone took me over 30... Never realized how hard it was to translate simple Japanese phrases into English  :P
それでも未来に風は吹いている~

OmegaZen

• I am a robot superhero
    • View Profile
    • My devART Account
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 08:28:30 pm »
Welcome, welcome~

You're a TWEWY fan but not KH? Awww :( Oh well~ Good games all around~

And I agree, I'm tired of that war in Naruto -_-; They all just need to stop it and go to sleep.

K.F

• Hedgehogs!! Natto!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 10:07:13 pm »
Hello... I'm KF. You won't see me talk much :/

aayush251

• THA BOSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 10:47:16 pm »
welcome

Shichiyoru

• Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 10:59:47 pm »
Hello there fellow translator!

I translateD Magi and Hallelujah Overdrive. Now I translate AKB49. Soon to pick up a new series. I look forward to working with you!
GET BACK TO WORK

hanerzz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 07:42:51 am »
Greetings fellow Sense staff! May your stay here be fruitful towards many more of your translating endeavors! er...

Yeah, I go by hanerzz, or han(n) for the lazy. I basically just get any typesetting work that's been forgotten/ unclaimed (except akb?), and rarely help with redraws now (since we have minty who can finish shit tons of pages within a short time. I wondered if she even has school/work to do.) when school decides to not kick my non-existent balls. ..........speaking of, isn't summer over?

I didn't know we had a skype thinger for staff! My only friend there is my mother! And we live in the same house! :D I think this shows that I don't really talk here either :9

Goodluck88

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 02:07:21 pm »
@ OmegaZen: Sorry :P My sister was a huge KH fan and I got tired of her screaming "RIKUUUUUUU!!!!!" all day -.-' and yeah... Just read the latest chapter, hope Madara either dies, or kills the kage and its all over ^_^

@K.F: Hi! why not?

@Aayush251: thanks, you like Cowboy Bebop? (or Did I miss-view your prof pic -.-')

@Shichiyoru: Hi! Look forward to working with you too! ( I should start reading magi... :P)

@Hanerzz: Haha, thanks. Summer was over a looooong time ago :P but it also comes up in about 3 weeks XD (it's so Odd because I go to Japan during the summer and for the first few weeks the kids in Japan still have school So the adult's look at me awkwardly when I'm walking around :P)
それでも未来に風は吹いている~

Randi

• Dendenden
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 02:28:01 pm »
Welcome to Sense, Keito~ I'm Randi =} Or Ran. Or Ra ra. Or... Anything you can think of >.> I'm working as a cleaner on Magi.

I see that you like Gantz and Fairy Tail. Those are two of my favorite mangas.
I also strongly dislike hating/haters.

Anyway~ I hope you'll stay with us for a long time.