Author Topic: Chapter 582  (Read 2912 times)

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Chapter 582
« on: December 06, 2018, 06:18:46 pm »
Is anybody on Ri Boku’s team really convinced they have nothing to worry about? He believes that under the current situation their fate can only be defined as triumphant. Or, is he just spouting nonsense and putting on the illusion that Zhao’s right wing still has the means to crush Shin and Ou Hon? Is this his way of preserving morale or is he procrastinating? Whatever it is, it sounds like he’s waiting for something or someone. He made it clear that the longer they wait this out the more advantageous things become for them, but it seems like gambling everything on food deprivation isn’t working out. He obviously expects Qin to crumble or fold. Ten believes that they are on the brink of collapse. In a way, that’s true. The body without sustenance can only do so much for so long. I’m no doctor, nor am I a health practitioner, but the articles I’ve read on malnutrition maintain that the body’s metabolism alters itself when faced with extreme conditions to conserve energy. Yet, every time they take to the battlefield that energy is exhausted and the natural mechanisms in place that help keep them animated face some form of counteraction, and hammers away at a considerable sum. Every time they take one step forward their condition takes two steps back, it’s only natural. Anyway, the way I see it there is only one advantage and it’s the fact the Qin is basically running on fumes. And yet, I can’t see how Gyou’un and the others will repel Shin and Ou Hon considering how capable they can become under tough conditions. My only disappointment with this chapter is that we didn’t get to see the aftermath of the blow Qin dealt to Zhao’s right wing.

I re-read chapter 513, and now believe that Ou Sen isn't after your traditional win against Zhao. Everybody knows that Qin has zero chance of conquering Zhao with Ri Boku there. My guess is he's after the destruction of the man protecting Zhao, Ri Boku himself.

(Ch.513 Pg.04)   Why did King Ou Ken ask about Ri Boku's whereabouts, especially now? Awfully suspicious, right?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:50:02 am by JAC »

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 582
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 12:04:20 pm »
This arc has been difficult to gauge and even more difficult to predict leading to more questions than answers. My main focus is of course Ou Sen, not that Ri Boku isn’t just as important, I just want to explore the steps he took and why it led him and the others to where they are today. I’m particularly curious about his exact location on the battlefield. And as I’ve said in the previous post, I believe Ou Sen knows he can’t execute Ri Boku, it’s impossible. It’s a lot easier to destroy him, to ruin the man’s esteemed character by alluding to his incapacity, making him seem incapable of further protecting Zhao and its people. His occupation is already at risk (See my old post Ch.514), especially when you factor in past attempts to conquer Qin that ended in absolute failure, not to mention that his life is also in jeopardy which according to Zhao’s king is hanging on by a thread. When you take all this into account you’re forced to reconsider Ou Sen’s current location. Why here? Where exactly is here? Is he next to the Yellow River? Which way does it flow? Is it part of his master plan? What about Qi? How close is he to this state? Is this why Ri Boku positioned his troops where he did to avoid further surprises?  And, is there any significance to Qi at all? To some of you all this may seem a little far-fetched and have no real basis or any significant indication for either of the two general’s current positions, but before you casually dismiss it, think about the type of person Ou Sen is and why he continued to plunge deeper into Zhao territory, who most agree is suicidal.

Ch.176 Pg.14

Edit: Typo (Changed Lead to Led)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:55:27 pm by JAC »