Author Topic: Gyou  (Read 7063 times)

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Gyou
« on: March 20, 2018, 03:39:10 pm »
So far, Zhao has the upper hand. Ri Boku, personally took out one of Qin's generals, and his plan of attack, although less forceful, seems to be working better than Qin’s, including Ou Sen’s battle strategy. I guess I expected Ou Sen to be a little more wily slash sneaky slash skillful against Ri Boku. I also expected Ou Sen or Kan Ki to embed soldiers within the mass confusion, passing them on as hungry-desperate-citizens who would then, when the time is right, create an uproar. Forcing the gatekeepers of Gyou who by this point have no other choice but to drive out the citizens, if, they aim to reestablish order. Granting the infamous Kan Ki the perfect opportunity to overtake Gyou, yet no one took it. But, there’s a reason why this was never carried out. The cities had leaders and these leaders kept records of every citizen. I hate to say it, but Qin invaded Zhao with a less than perfect plan and expected to succeed, really? And, if food was always a key component why not take extra measures to make sure it doesn’t become an issue. I’m very disappointed with the veterans of this crusade. The question remains, was something considered, anything, just to get soldiers in?

Ch.516 Pg.08

Snowy21

• View Profile
Re: Gyou
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 11:25:32 pm »
We're missing a very key detail in Ousen's Strategy. I think your jumping the gun in assuming Zhao has the upper hand. I admit it doesn't look good for Qin right now, but there are a few things to consider. When Ousen formed his plan, it was blatantly obvious that Retsubi would be retaken by Zhao to complete the encirclement. Meaning no supply line, no more food coming into the Qin army. one thing that stands out from the assumption that Gyou would fall due to lack of supplies is the fact that even if Gyou fell to the kanki army, Qin is still surrounded with no way out. Retsubi has 60k troops which means Qin would need one of its big armies to either retake or contain retsubi to the point that supplies can come through. Aside from the armies that entered the Capital Zone, the only other big armies are the Moubo and Tou armies which both are watching the Chu and Wei borders respectively.

My assumption is Gyou will not fall to a lack of food because the Joint armies need that food. I believe that Ousen still hasn't entered his endgame because the "locust strategy" to force Gyou into consuming all its supplies, nothing about this strategy addresses the key issue which is the encirclement. Looking at the Sanyou and Coalition arc's I have deduced that Ousen is extremely conservative until his certain of a victory, and that victory has to be decisive with no error. From the sanyou arc Ousen gave way and back peddled so to achieve a victory in one fell swoop and when that failed he took the most conservative approach. In the coalition arc we saw Ousen out play his own opponant and foil a scheme from another general that he wasnt even facing in the first place which showed his ability to take the overall picture in account and act in the best way possible.

We have all either missed a critical detail, or its been lost in translation or its been omitted. There's another piece that we have missed and I strongly suspect Ribboku has as well. Though it is possible that Ousen drank the Moubo Kool aid...

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Re: Gyou
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 01:14:31 pm »
Yeah, I’ve said this as well. There are things about Ou Sen’s game plan that we know nothing about. To me, what appears to stand out is how he handled Gyou. The steps he took no doubt warrant merit but it has yet to yield anything fruitful. And, if he has indeed taken a conservative approach as you suspect, then it would be wise to put it in high gear and dial things up a notch. Time is of the essence! Originally, the plan was to capture Gyou so that in three years they can take Kantan and destroy Zhao. Believe me when I tell you that I’m as optimistic as the next guy and try real hard to remain neutral but I can’t ignore certain facts, that winning seems hopeless. And just like you, I don’t see Gyou falling to Qin on the basis of provisions alone. It needs something else, an additional catalyst is necessary to make it happen. And yet, I don’t understand how they still have twenty days worth of food, especially when you consider the number of citizens taking refuge. Was the reference to “Locusts” just a tease? I’m surprised they haven’t already hurled all that feces at Kan Ki. Desperate times call for desperate measures. ;D

When Ou Sen disappeared from Retsubi to scout his next target he found Gyou impenetrable. He knew that if he pressed forward certain avenues would cease to exist. Among them, the path back home - turning Gyou into a base of operations - and a supply line. Seizing food from nearby cities was his idea alone and it addressed the elimination of a supply line. The other two continue to be a big problem. At first, I thought, Qi will undoubtedly support Qin. That it would somehow assist Ou Sen with supplies, and possibly the battle, or both. And if necessary, even help with an escape route. It's the impression I got the moment King Ou Ken peacefully surrendered to Ei Sei. If they can turn Gyou into a permanent post then Retsubi is as good as theirs and Qi is in Qin's good graces.

Also, I’m a bit surprised that no other state appears to want to assist Zhao. There’s an opportunity here that no one seems to recognize due to blind ambition and it’s twofold. Help Zhao, and cripple Qin to a great degree. It’s essentially what the coalition was after except it failed miserably. Anyway, there's no denying that both Ou Sen and Ri Boku represent what we consider to be the pinnacle of genius. But when you weigh one against the other it’s clear who is at a greater disadvantage. I hate to say this, but I don’t believe we have seen all of Ri Boku’s hidden assets. The fight ain’t over yet and I suspect he has at least one or two more surprises ready for Qin. Wish I could say the same for Ou Sen. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the Mou Bu Kool-Aid lol. ;)