Author Topic: Unreality of Mangas  (Read 7031 times)

Mizuho

• Befriending all, one Divine Buster at a time...
    • View Profile
Re: Unreality of Mangas
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 05:12:59 pm »
The reality of it is much sadder I'm afraid, think back scientifically to the origins of man and how we have been using literature, our own languages to share our thoughts and ideas with the world. Given the recorded history of man, there must be millions upon billions upon zillions of ideas created at some point in all this time. Someone once said to me "You got an idea? Good, patent it or register it or make it your own ASAP, cause somewhere around the world there's someone who just thought about the exact same thing. The whole point of this now is, who can convey it better".

And that's why there appears to be no originality because of that I think. It's increasingly harder to be original with the passing of time, some people claim to be original but in actuality, the truth probably was that whoever came before them probably didn't convey it as well or simply couldn't manage to get it across the table.

0toto

• DOKI DOKI de kowaresou 1000% LOVE HEY!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 09:20:47 pm »
man I'm so late into this discussion!! ahaha...I'm left with no words to say since pratically what most of you have written is just what I wanted to say...

OTL

Man, I don't know what to add to this!

((guess I'll respond to Maverickzero))

I agree. I don't think we can be any more original  since basically almost any idea that has been giving out (written or not) has been passed already. So calling something "original" may not be so "original" as we think.
But at times, as years go by, there may one or two ideas that are forgotten and then brought back in a newer way.
 (let's say it was written as a novel at first....then centuries later that idea was thought up again by another person but instead of a written form, it was turned into a film! )

We usually don't realize it until we bump into it and then get the itching feeling that you read it before.

Ah, this may be off topic~
It's kind of like today with the songs that are being released on the radio [U.S] where these new artist are singing OLD songs but in a newer form.

Same music. Different beat.
Same lyrics that were sang differently...
Even if the singer or composer adds a few additional things to it...
In the end...
you're really listening to something that was done before.
So calling it "new" wouldn't really necessarily be true.
Though the reason why some people say it's a "new song" is because they might of not heard the first version beforehand.
 they didn't know of it's existence of the first one...

which leaves me back to topic about "originality"

Even if you try hard to claim something to be yours truly, you'll eventually need to accept the fact that someone else out there has the right to share the same idea as you do. It's just both of you took a different curve /path somewhere at some point in the plot/event.

( Question: am I repeating this entirely?! OTL )
+ Check out my Deviantart  for my Drawings! +
☆*:.。. (´∀`*)ノ .。.:*☆
*Avatar Made by AutumnIsAki [DA]*

Mizuho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »
Yeah 0toto, that's exactly what I meant to say, it's increasingly difficult to be truly original because everything has been tried before or said. So everyone ends up doing their own "take" on an idea.

G4m3r

• Whazzup? ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 07:42:38 am »
yeah of course everything was used at least twice or more before the actual work, but what the Manga makes unique is how the mangaka uses them or brings a different idea into it and so eventually the manga becomes unique although it uses many different elements that have been used before. It's the way how the mangaka presents his own ideas that makes the manga unique and not just if he/she copies plots and ideas from other mangas without giving any thought about it or giving the manga some of their own idea additionally to it

Now for example i found 3-4 days ago a new manga: Angel Densetsu. this manga has things that has been used in other mangas before, but to me personally it seems like the mangaka has made something entirely new and original

Mizuho

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:55 am »
Angel Densetsu is awesome :D

SadPanda

• Panda Guy
  • Pandas FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 05:08:41 am »
Angel Densetsu is crazy >.> I enjoyed it though. I just doubt whether or not the mangaka intentionally drew really horribly. Claymore looks NOTHING like Angel Densetsu T.T It just makes me go "wtf."
Animal abuse will not be tolerated.

G4m3r

• Whazzup? ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 08:49:56 am »
yeah maybe the drawings aren't the best but the mangaka had a good idea so it was fun to read that manga ;D