Author Topic: To You, The Immortal Giveaway!  (Read 2221 times)

Tammi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
To You, The Immortal Giveaway!
« on: October 24, 2017, 06:03:22 pm »

In celebration of Immortal reaching a year of publication we're hosting a small giveaway!
The prize up for grabs is the first physical volume of the official publication 'To Your Eternity', as well as the pre-orders for volumes 2-5.
To enter you can make a post on this thread mentioning who your favourite character is and what your most memorable moment is thus far. You also must have Amazon service available in your country.
We will draw a winner on November 8th, and the cutoff date is November 5th. All posts made after November 5th will not be taken into consideration. Good luck everyone!

Jadi96

• View Profile
Re: To You, The Immortal Giveaway!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:04:57 pm »
My favorite character is Parona and the most memorable moment for me was when the original boy who Fushi is now died and asked Fushi never to forget about him. That scene still makes me tear up a bit 😢
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:54:43 pm by Jadi96 »

hazel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:33:58 pm »
Parona is my favorite character, what a boss.
But my most memorable moment was when March died :(

SeraphicSmile

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:23:01 pm »
Parona is the best and my favorite. Most memorable scene was when March dreamed she was an adult...

LuckyJim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 01:00:07 am »
I would say my favorite character is Fushi, it feels kind of like a cheat to use the main character but I just really like seeing how he grows, especially since he started from less than a baby, and I think Fushi is a very interesting protagonist.

The most memorable moment for me so far would probably be when Fushi and Gugu meet up after Gugu ran away, and Gugu says that Fushi is "cooler as a monster" after Fushi saved him from people who were attacking him because his face was scary.

xGama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 05:36:33 am »
My favourite character was Gugu. His whole entire arc involving self sacrafice was amazing and sad at the same time.

Favourite moment is when Rynn was with Gugu as he died. AAAAhhhhhh.

senpacheeks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 02:03:24 pm »
Even though his arc was small in the grand scheme of things, the nameless boy from the beginning of the series is still my favorite character! Seeing him so optimistic and caring for Fushi (or Johann I guess) despite his circumstances pulled at my heartstrings. Even though he was essentially doomed from the start, he still made me want to believe he'd get to meet up with everyone else (。╯︵╰。)
not to mention him giving Fushi such a great looking "default" form to interact with others (who can resist that fluffy outfit)

Also, for me I'd say my most memorable moment so far was after
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:08:44 pm by senpacheeks »

Tofu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 03:05:30 am »
My favorite character is Gugu because of how he became a brother for Fushi and that they help each other for many things.
My favorite moment is when after Gugu died and that Rynn understands that he is together with Fushi...

animelover00004

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 12:16:17 am »
My favorite character is Gugu, because of how he turned his life around. It's inspiring, how he turned his despair and disappointment in life around, and grew into a much more positive character. I hope I can be someone like that, confident and earnest, and maybe a goofball now and then...

Anyways, my favorite scene was Gugu's last moments with Rynn. That whole ending to that arc was beautiful, but I just love how everything was drawn in that specific chapter, Rynn's just-in-time hands pushing Gugu out of the way, I love that hatching work, and then how everything was laid out in the rest of the pages. I just love this artist's style.

Thanks for translating for us!~ Cheers to the anniversary :)

fujimi-fushi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 01:11:22 pm »
My favorite character gotta be the nameless boy........
And moment was when Fushi first met March!!

Thank you for translating!! :'D

Mugi097

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 11:45:03 pm »
Favourite character is Gugu. His character development from insecure kid to hero at the end was incredible.

Favourite moment was March’s end. Was messed up and mesmerizing at the same time.

Dunno if Australia counts. We can get stuff shipped here, but Amazon isn’t based here yet. Oh well.

nmphuong91

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 05:44:26 am »
My favorite character is the nameless boy. My most memorable moment is when he heard the bell, his face is troubled as he held the door, but quickly changed that to his usual smiling face and then open the door. The expression is exquisite. One page that described his current situation and mindset perfectly, yet easy to miss the first time you read.

kaizoku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 12:23:30 pm »
If I had to pick something specific I would say that Fushi as "johann" is my favorite character.

Don't get me wrong I loved the "gugu" arc as it was filled with lots of emotions, love and the fact that Fushi learned that he needed to rely on help of others to become better, stronger and you name it as us humans have to. Fushi has to "grow" by "adding" people to him in a literal and figurative sense. We humans have to work together to achieve our goals in a timely manner and nothing will ever really change that (aside from maybe superior A.I. :P), not even being immortal will do that.

You see it as Fushi ends up defeating stronger itterations of the "knockers". All the pain (from which we learn), the help (from other people) and the perseverance/courage (that is needed to keep going on) are going to make Fushi.... no rather "humanity" capable of reaching the highest heights. I am sure that, that is one of the main messages of this manga if not the most important one.

Anyway I have been getting carried away and sidetracked! So about "Johann". What I like about him is that from a rock (an inanimate object) he turned into a wolf (an animated object). This is in my opinion on of the most significant transformations Fushi went through. It is as if he was born as a "human". Not in a literal sense of course, but more as being born out of "nothingness" to being a "baby" that crawls and thus really starts its life. He now feels pain and some level of emotion like (almost) every animal. Much like how we started as "monkeys" and ending up being humans. That is coincidentally what happens! The moment the nameless boy died, Johann became an human. Afterwhich we get to the first part I wrote, where he learns more about his emotions, what it is like to have a destination/goals and what it is to be "human" in general.

kaizoku5493

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 06:35:53 pm »
My favorite character is March, because she was the one who taught Fushi to relate to people and develop his emotions. She was also the one to give Fushi his name, basically giving him a sense of identity. And despite being the youngest character thus far, she was the most mature in being a mother to Fushi. If not for her, Fushi would never have been able to connect with Gugu and the other characters in the meaningful way he did in the later story arcs.

Most memorable moment...it's a close one for me between March's death (also her hypothetical grown-up self; I know a lot of other commentors mentioned this--it's such a good scene), but I'd have to go with the part where the nameless boy realizes at the river that his whole family/village died and left him alone long ago. I don't know how to describe it, I was just really struck by the inner turmoil/despair/sudden realization the nameless boy experienced, given that he was so optimistic in all circumstances. It's one of those moments where you wonder whether he's courageous or a fool for trying to stay positive. I'd like to think he was really emotionally strong.

Engin-P

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 10:17:03 pm »
I can't believe it's been over a year!
I've been following this manga since the beginning  (I apologize for never leaving comments, I never have a lot to say  :'( ) but I do appreciate all of your hard work, thank you really

I don't really have a favorite character, if anyone it would be Gugu because I started reaaally hating him but by the end of his arch I grew really fond of him
My most memorable moment would be March's death, seeing her "grown up" got me teary,  her arch it's still my favorite.