Author Topic: Chapter 517  (Read 1939 times)

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Chapter 517
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:30:57 pm »
I get why they need to separate forces. What I don’t get is how Kan Ki at the same time is expected to starve the city, surround it, and defend against a deliberate attack. Isn’t time everything. The longer they sit around and wait for the citizens to starve the more critical things become for everyone. Think of it this way. An army, when faced with a fortress (regardless its size) must equally distribute soldiers in order to plague its intended target. Otherwise, it's a weak tactical maneuver. Here's the thing -- sixty thousand isn’t anything to laugh at, it’s a serious threat, but when you take into account that Gyou’s protective rim could be designed to do more than countermeasure forced entry, you wonder if it’s enough to succeed. It’s a colossal structure with super high super long walls that seem to stretch forever in every direction. Well, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but when you dispense an equal number of soldiers to surround a city the greater its size the more intimidating the formation is, right? The aim is to instill fear. Gyou’s intended purpose is to eliminate that fear. To tactically thin out any threat. Statistically, what are we left with? Fifteen thousand soldiers on every cardinal point give or take a few. Is this enough to resist against parallel attacks. Who knows? I do know it’s a vulnerability. The enemy could easily force them to maneuver within a dangerous range, and at this distance, Gyou’s garrison is a threat. Easy pickings for archers. I was under the impression that more than one army would attack Gyou at once to speed things up. At least Kan Ki is left to his own devices so anything is possible but I can’t say for sure it’s a good thing. 8^)

Poor Heki. His infatuation for the beautiful Yo Tan Wa could seal his fate. I hope not but I doubt good fortune will continue to intercede in his behalf. Shin considers him a big brother so his role may not be in trouble now. Thing is, we haven’t seen Houken yet. He likes to prey on the weak if you know what I mean. At any rate, I can’t wait to see Yo Tan Wa against her opponent, especially Ou Sen against Ri Boku. Of course, I also want to see the trio finally get some action. Oh, and, I hope Kaku Kai would realize how despicable the king really is and that it's in his best interest to help Ri Boku get out of this mess alive. I can't think of anyone who would want to remain cooped up in Kantan for a decade or two with this kind of king if Qin succeeds.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:17:48 pm by JAC »