Author Topic: Chapter 505  (Read 2494 times)

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Chapter 505
« on: February 05, 2017, 06:58:40 pm »
You have to admit the queen of the mountain folk is an incredible leader. To bring together more than a hundred tribes under her sole control is not an easy task. In this regard, I guess you could say she is special then again I never regarded her as anything less. It’s amusing how she breaks down the procedure to overtake of the city in a few simple steps but I agree with Ten, it’s easier said than done. No doubt, the overall opinion is mutual among Qin. Some think Yo Tan Wa’s army and its ability to overtake the city is a gamble but at this point, it matters very little. As stated by Ba Jio, they have always managed to overpower enemies head on. If so, is this the key to success with past events? And, you can’t overlook the fact that they wear very little armor for good reason. Armor weighs you down and impedes your movements. I’m not suggesting that this advantage will nullify Zhao’s well-equipped archers, it does however increase their chance of success and possibly decrease the number of casualties. Considering this fact, Yo Tan Wa’s army is currently the best option to conquer the city. I just hope they breach it before reinforcements reach them. On a more personal note, when her troops shouted aloud I couldn’t help but recall biblical canon, how the “Walls of Jericho” came down in a similar instance. It’s an impressive chapter demonstrating the power of simplicity, no elaborate planning, no complicated approach, just plain old tactics. 8^)

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Chapter 505
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 10:28:24 am »
You have to admit the queen of the mountain folk is an incredible leader. To bring together more than a hundred tribes under her sole control is not an easy task. In this regard, I guess you could say she is special then again I never regarded her as anything less. It’s amusing how she breaks down the procedure to overtake of the city in a few simple steps but I agree with Ten, it’s easier said than done. No doubt, the overall opinion is mutual among Qin. Some think Yo Tan Wa’s army and its ability to overtake the city is a gamble but at this point, it matters very little. As stated by Ba Jio, they have always managed to overpower enemies head on. If so, is this the key to success with past events? And, you can’t overlook the fact that they wear very little armor for good reason. Armor weighs you down and impedes your movements. I’m not suggesting that this advantage will nullify Zhao’s well-equipped archers, it does however increase their chance of success and possibly decrease the number of casualties. Considering this fact, Yo Tan Wa’s army is currently the best option to conquer the city. I just hope they breach it before reinforcements reach them. On a more personal note, when her troops shouted aloud I couldn’t help but recall biblical canon, how the “Walls of Jericho” came down in a similar instance. It’s an impressive chapter demonstrating the power of simplicity, no elaborate planning, no complicated approach, just plain old tactics. 8^)
I agree that Yotanwa is a very strong general because she can raise the morale of her soldiers to such degree of craziness. However, I think , such a method has its flows , i.e. it won't work against accomplished generals like Riboku , Karin etc. We have witnessed it when Moubu's army was decimated at Bayou , though Moubu's and Yotanwa's way of war slightly differs but essentially is the same: to obliterate enemy head on with brute force. Though in a siege battle her way of warfare has proved  to be correct but what I want to see is how it could work against Riboku or his deputies on the field. Since no matter how high the morale of an army is , if they are trapped then they can only perish. So I think the best general is who has all-around strength like using strategies and being a warrior by leading troops at front. If Yotanwa can not integrate strategies into her way of war the either she will have countless casualties or get into other disadvantageous situations on the battle.
Nevertheless , I think the Yotanwa's way of warfare is very close to the Kyou's of six generals. Ousen-Hakuki , Tou-Ouki, Moubu-Oukotsu. I get the impression that with new generation of six generals, Hara is try to make them look like the successor their their predecessors , not only in their positions but also in their way of warfare .

JAC

• <]8^)†(^8[>
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 505
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 03:00:16 pm »
First things first, thank you for taking the time to reply. It’s great to discuss Kingdom with a fellow enthusiast.

Welcome to the forums! 8^)

I agree, a formidable general is one who is well-rounded at warfare. Going by the stats, Yo Tan Wa leads the way for Qin, then again, just like you, I too, think, the brutish approach has its flaws. Not every opponent should be approached using the same methods over and over again. But, I can’t blame her, this particular campaign is different, it’s pushing everyone’s limit. They’re fighting against two opposing forces, the Zhao and time. Most would buckle under these circumstances, others like the men and women here, excel at the challenge. This scenario is unique, normally the time it takes to conquer and decimate an opponent isn’t defined solely by the clock. It’s this aspect, that’s putting a well versed plan on the back burner. Yo Tan Wa is cutting through the fluff, so to speak. I think she realizes that by eliminating various steps (skipping conventional methods) they confuse the enemy, but that’s just a wild guess. Hopefully, her tactics pave the way for Ou Sen and his army far ahead of plan before Ri Boku reaches them.

I would like for the six to be reinstated but with young blood only. I cannot see Mou Bu in the same union as Shin, Ou Hon, Mou Ten, etc., and vice-versa.