Author Topic: Magi the Labyrinth of Magic Chapter 300  (Read 9937 times)

Royalblue

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Magi the Labyrinth of Magic Chapter 300
« on: March 27, 2016, 01:54:21 am »
Magi

We have reached the big chapter 300!!!

As a celebration Ohtaka has given us a very cute color page! plus something about sinbad at the back
That is about 6 years worth of magi! Can't believe it has gone so far already.

This came out somewhat later since Japan had a holiday so a lot of delays everywhere.

I still remember when I started reading magi~ whoo burned through all the chapters in a day or two. Fun times...
Initially I had planned for the two old admins to post their message here since it is a pretty long milestone for them but... none of them Tammy hasn't sent me the message so.........

Whelp

I guess they can just post their's in the comments after this has been released or something. <.<

EDIT::From Aoi ;)

I worked on magi from around chapter 23 to 250 something or other last year. It quite quickly became my baby and I still remember at chapter 126 I wanted to stop working on it because I had other commitments, but somehow I started doing more work for it  ???

I still remember, and can't believe, it's been about 3.5 years since Magi Hell. When Magi first got an anime announced I decided "hey let's use this opportunity to catch up" and threw almost all the staff onto the project. We had to complete a chapter once every three days, at a time when we could only manage once or twice a week. Lots of staff members have come and gone since then, but it really was a labour of love and I'm grateful to all of them for putting up with Magi Hell. (And then the resulting AKB, Bullet, Annual Releases and 1000 Release hells. ;))

I originally started working on it because I loved Alibaba as a character and wanted to know his past. Then Gyokuen came in. She's great. Sheba came in too. Alma Torran arc destroyed me. I still love Magi a lot, even with it's ups and downs. Congrats to Ohtaka and everyone who's followed Magi with us since then!

(click to show/hide)

And we welcome YOU, any of the readers, members, ex members, to come and post a short comment about Magi! It can be anything from reflecting the moment you started reading Magi or your favorite parts of it!! We love to read your comments and dwell upon the nostalgic times along with everyone else :]

Enjoy this chapter!

Read Online: SE Reader
Download: Zippy
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:02:02 am by aoi »

milnivek

• View Profile
Re: Magi the Labyrinth of Magic Chapter 300
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 02:12:58 am »
Obligatory 'first!'

Just in time! Finished 299 yesterday night! Magi is a surprisingly good adventure series. Maybe I should stop being so prejudiced and give Fairy Tail a try next?

p.s. Kouen was right, Sinbad was left!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:51:26 am by milnivek »

wizardh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 02:38:01 am »
Wow, many thanks for the 300th chapter!

I can't believe I've been following Magi from you guys from since 2012, registered on this forum since 2012, and only to post my first comment in 2016...
(I dunno, I'm just usually a shy guy even on internet to speak up, and not even a native English speaker to boot, so sorry for bad English)

Let's see... I don't remember when I first read Magi, but my favorite chapter is 203-204 (the love-com between Alibaba and Morgiana)
I still can read that chapter again and again and still smiling wide to it! lol

Anyway, thank you so much for bringing Magi until now. You guys are awesome!

Xyros

• Cleaners
  • derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 03:55:23 am »
Always a pleasure to work on this awesome manga!  :D

solomon7916

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 07:15:48 am »
Wow, 300 chapters already? Though I just got into the series at the chapter where Titus was whining about not being able to live because he was a "clone", it seems like so long ago that it happened. It's been very amazing to watch the growth of the series from that first day that I, too, read all those chapters in a day or two. Thank you Sense Scans for making days like this memorable, and worth waking up to see a chapter finely done and able to read in all of it's glory!

aoi

• The Azure Empress
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 08:00:05 am »
Initially I had planned for the two old admins to post their message here since it is a pretty long milestone for them but... none of them has sent me the message so.........

Whelp

I guess they can just post their's in the comments after this has been released or something. <.<

Nerd you didn't remind me last night when u were asking about shit it's ur own fault ya bum. Plus u asked at 4am that's ur fault :P

Comments edited into post ;)

Dart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 08:22:30 am »
Thanks for all these years guys! Really appreciate your hard work! And now for chapter 300! Let's dive right in.

Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 08:59:28 am »
Very thanks for the chapter 300, is a glorious mark.

I met Magi by the anime and soon became interested in knowing the continuation, today is one of my favorite mangas by his brilliant and captivating story, I will make sure to read the next work from the mangaka.

My favorite parts are Magnostadt arc and Alma Torran arc.

GabyO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 10:19:06 am »
I can't believe it's the 300th chapter :) Thanks so much for your work! I will cry when it's over!

marinehaddock

• Tapping the glass scares the fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 12:14:45 pm »
I still don't know what a mah guy is

Firedragon89

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 01:51:47 pm »
Thanks for chapter 300 and all the chapters so far!
Just one thing: to me, there is no Scanlation Group War, there is only Sense Scans, no matter the wait.

kaizoku5493

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 03:26:35 pm »
Thanks so much for all the chapters so far, and congratulations on getting to chapter 300!
I started reading Magi I think when it was about 50 or 60 chapters long, on mangahere or something. I've been reading on sense-scans' online reader I think shortly after that.
I think for me, my most emotional moment was when Hakuryuu continued on this downward spiral of teaming up with Judar and scheming how to kill his mom and brothers to take back the throne, but maybe that was compounded with me trying to finish and get out of college ^_^; Stressful times. Also, I really liked the Alma Torran arc--it was good having everything finally explained.

I really appreciate the time and effort your team puts into this. My sister tried translating and cleaning once, and I saw how time consuming it could be.

Just out of curiosity, are most of you working or still in school? (I had always assumed everyone who scanlated/translated/cleaned/redrew were college-aged or older, but then I found out a number of the series I followed were worked on by high schoolers. But anyway, regardless, that's intense dedication all around!)

tokkei12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 06:50:39 pm »
Wah, can't believe it's 300 already~ Thanks for all of your hard work on this!

L4Vi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 10:23:26 pm »
I started reading Magi in my own language (spanish) and fell in love with the story, so peculiar <3 Alibaba became my favorite character until now =) That's why I went to the english translation when the spanish's dropped =( Later, other spanish scanlations retake the project but I continued with Sense Scans, nobody pairs with you in quality =D
Thanks for all these years of Magi!

wag

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 01:41:23 pm »
Chapter 300th!! Thank you.

My exp with Magi: I'm a little late on Magi boat but once I do I marathon the hell out of this manga.