Author Topic: Magi the Labyrinth of Magic Chapter 299  (Read 11369 times)

Royalblue

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Magi the Labyrinth of Magic Chapter 299
« on: March 18, 2016, 02:34:26 am »
Magi

:VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

What's this, Chapter 299!?

But I thought WSS was only released yesterday?

I'll stop you there, yes, this is the real deal! Chapter 299 of Magi in all of its glory.

Now, you may be wondering how it came out so quickly or why it has. The burning question on most of your minds is probably whether it was due to the other group that is trying to steal Magi/are trying to instigate a Scanlation group war. The answer a bit of a mixed one. As I'm sure you've all noticed Magi releases have not been very consistent for some time now. A lot of this had to do with our raw providers (or lack thereof at times) as well as the team having to focus more on their everyday life.

Scanlating Magi is important to all of us, heck, we've carried it with us since way back in 2011. Somewhere along the way in these 5 years almost everyone has had to cut back on our beloved hobby to progress our lives in the real world. As much as we love the series we have had constant reminders and wakeup calls that this is indeed still a hobby. We all enjoy scanlating, each of us in our own unique ways. Despite our differences, everyone does their absolute best to present you, the audience, with these works of art in the best possible light. Sharing it with all of you brings us joy, and even simple words of thanks can inspire someone working to continue to do their best. I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you that take the time out of your day to stop by and leave kind messages, you're the reason why we continue to do what we do.

When the new group started releasing chapters at random on Batoto it definitely caught our attention; as to whether that was their goal I have no idea as we have not been contacted. While at first we were upset, on the flip side it seems to have lit a fire under us. With that heat we decided to show the Magi fandom that we're still capable of scanlating a chapter in less than 24 hours without a drop in quality. While we do have the ability to do so when needed, it's something that is detrimental to the everyday lives of our Staff members. As to whether we will keep up this kind of pace is up to the team members individually, as well as how well we can coordinate timezones to streamline our process. Hopefully we'll be able to continue bringing you more of this awesome series.

Thank you all for your support!

Read Online: SE Reader
Download: Zippy
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:36:37 am by Royalblue »

LuzClarita99

• View Profile
Re: Magi the Labyrinth of Magic Chapter 299
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 05:26:14 am »
No, thank YOU!!! Without you scanlating this incredible manga, I wouldn't have known Magi at all. Magi was the first long-running manga I've read, and because of this, I went deep into the manga world and never leave until now!! =>

Maybe other groups can translate it, but I will still come back here and read, even if i have to wait. Even though this manga is your priority, that doesn't mean you have to give up on the real world. Keep going! You guys rock!!! \(^^)/

r0f3do

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 08:01:03 am »
Thank yoy so much for scanlaying Magi~
I'll still be sticking to you even when there will be other scanlators~
you make masterpieces!
had to register to thank you!

sirflimflam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 08:51:10 am »
Greetings! I thank you guys for the hard work!

I was actually curious if you might enlighten me to something unrelated to the release itself but the announcement I found at the end of the chapter explaining the situation. I was wondering if you might tell me what font face was used for the body of the message here? I'm really big on typefaces and would love to find it!

Thanks.

xyccah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 08:58:12 am »
I've been reading Magi since 2012 and I've never appreciated what you guys did.
After reading your post, I'd like to thank you guys for the hard work and for the time spent scanlating this series.
You guys are the best! keep up the hard work.

solomon7916

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 01:14:15 pm »
I want to issue a lot of "Thank You's" to the staff who make the English Translations and Qualities of the series so Amazing! You guys are the best, and even though there are other scanlations out there; I feel that waiting for the ones from Sense scans are most worth it! So thank you for all the time and patience you guys have with the lot of us. Thank you for taking times out of your busy schedules to put into this manga and various other ones!

-Sense Scans Fan for Life

GabyO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 04:49:09 pm »
Thanks so much for all your work and I surely prefer reading your version! I don't know about the other group and that's ok for me, I prefer waiting for your scanlation :D

Tammi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 07:31:49 pm »
Thank you all for the kind words, it means a lot to all of the staff!

I was actually curious if you might enlighten me to something unrelated to the release itself but the announcement I found at the end of the chapter explaining the situation. I was wondering if you might tell me what font face was used for the body of the message here? I'm really big on typefaces and would love to find it!
Thanks.

Hi Sirflimflam, I believe the font we used was called Andika Basic: http://www.dafont.com/andika-basic.font
Cheers!

tokkei12

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 07:50:26 pm »
I actually thought your previous pace was just fine, and will happily wait to read your version even if some other group tries to steal this project, because I trust your quality :) Thanks for this chapter too!

Balance12

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 08:21:42 pm »
Hi guys, I just register to say thank you very much for this years, I have read all your magi scanlations over the years, I thank you from the bottom of my heart really thanks, if it wasent for you... a lot of people woulnt know about this great serie....so thanks again and keep the good work if you desire it :P

milnivek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 08:37:05 pm »

Thanks.

Hi Sirflimflam, I believe the font we used was called Andika Basic: http://www.dafont.com/andika-basic.font
Cheers!

I thought it was Comic Sans lol...

sirflimflam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 08:47:42 pm »

Thanks.

Cheers!

Most excellent. Thanks again~

JoshG23

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 05:12:20 am »
Thank you for all your scanlations! You guys are amazing and inspiring! I don't mind having to wait a bit later for chapters, I just feel that I'd rather read YOUR scanlations over anyone else's.. Because it feels like we're on this little journey together i guess? But keep up the goodwork! You guys got this!  ;D

Ao_Yuki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 08:37:49 am »
YAY new chapter! Thankyou SenseScans!

Dart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 12:45:59 pm »
Thank you sooo much for all your hard work guys!! I don't mind waiting cuz you guys don't waver when it comes to quality! You have my support. I now come directly to your site to read Magi. :) :) !!!!!!!!