Author Topic: A theory about Assimilation;  (Read 1818 times)

solomon7916

• View Profile
A theory about Assimilation;
« on: January 13, 2015, 07:11:16 pm »
Please correct me if I am completely out of line here, but I have a deep on-going theory that has been running through my head for awhile now. Actually ever since Drakon assimilated in the Dragon-like beast we know now from the Sinbad manga.

Seeing the Arc for Alma Torran I have done tons of thinking and came to the conclusion that since Ugo turned every race into Human Beings when he made the new world; I'm thinking that assimilation is a means of reverting those back to their true form. I mean Magicians, or rather those who have the capability to use magic might as well be humans that were tortured before the days that Ill Illah gave them magic and thus one of the reasons why they don't get along with the Djinn and Metal Vessel users. Though those chosen by Magi might be those remaining races and with their household vessels being able to assimilate (or change form) I feel it's just a means of reversion to what their ancestors use to look like due to magic flowing through them.

Like I said, you can correct me if I'm out of line, or direct me to someone who already discussed this, but it's just me.

oppopp

• OPP,OPP OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE!
    • View Profile
Re: A theory about Assimilation;
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:22:46 pm »
I can't believe i have to keep pointing this out to people
I mean I don't want to spoil it for people because i've seen advanced raws, but essentially the ending is aladdin waking up in the room with ugo because the entire thing was a dream

solomon7916

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 10:29:15 am »
Well first and fore mostly I don't know exactly how that has an relevance towards the topic at hand, and secondly if you didn't want to spoil things why would you say that in the first place? Not to mention how could you see advanced raws when I doubt the series is ending any time soon and I highly doubt the author is that far advanced in the manga series.

yukinakae12

• And then Buffy staked Edward. The end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 08:57:33 pm »
Ignoring the bit beforehand (which, though I understand your intent, I found to be a rather rude addition), I think your theory is super interesting! O:

Since I haven't read Sinbad yet (though I probably will while we wait for new chapters of Magi), my thought was this:

Given that every Djinn is the representative/chief of each of the non-human races from Alma Torran, it seemed to me that perhaps being Assimilated by your Vessel means that you become part of that Djinn's respective race. I'm not exactly sure how that fits for every Djinn's Household (mostly for Sinbad and the generals at least, since I'm not exactly sure who's which one, again because I have yet to read Sinbad), but it seems a very plausible idea to me.

I'm not trying to say my theory is any more correct, but that was my thought on it. I can't wait to see what we learn about this concept as the manga progresses!! :D
When my friends try to talk to me after I finish a new chapter of something:

duckori

• yo o/ I typeset, quality check, and loaf around.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:59:12 pm »
Guys.... I'm pretty sure opp was just being sarcastic. No worries. Let's all try to get along, yeah? ^^;

murakumo

• Recruitment Moderator
  • the flaming pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 02:35:41 am »
Yeah, Opp's always like that, just ignore him.

/smacks Opp
❤☆*・°˖・*♪~頑張るより死ぬ~♪*・˖°・*☆❤

solomon7916

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 03:28:21 pm »
yukinakae12 though I would like to see your theory a realization the major flaw in that is one of Kouen's Generals who I believe looks like a dragon (or some frilled lizard) race. His color differs from Drakon yes, but he was a vessel of Astaroth who was a Gorgon.

My theory merely states they revert back to what their ancestors were like before Ugo changed them into human beings. It's a nice thing considering we have seen what I would like to call Knights from a Chess Board that were a part of Darius Leoxus's household, and Anubis look alikes from Armakan Amun Ra's household. Both of which only have 1 metal vessel and Darius's looks like a Centaur (from what I can see) and Armakan's looks like an angel who fell half-way into depravity.

I would like this to be theorized and the best way to prove my theory is right at this time frame is if a Fanalis "Assimilated" and turned into a Red Lion (which is the clan's name from the Dark Continent and couldn't really become humans because they were too strong)

Lucky15

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 12:07:17 pm »
This theory is very interesting. I would like to note though that if they truly reverted back to what they were on Alma Torran wouldn't they look exactly like dungeon creatures. So I would say (this is my option) that they make a humanoid version of they previously were. Not the actually creature it self.

Sorry if i sound rude or like a know it all, but i just wanted to add my own two cents to the theory.