Author Topic: Adventures in Binge-Reading [SPOILERS FOR MANGA CH. 249-251 OR SO)  (Read 1828 times)

yukinakae12

• And then Buffy staked Edward. The end.
    • View Profile
So my friend introduced me to Magi a bit when she did a Morgiana cosplay for a con last year (which I might get to steal! :D), and I just recently finally started watching it because it was on Netflix I was bored and I'd wanted to get into it. Yes, I tried reading it first but the beginning of the manga was so confusing and the translation I was reading wasn't even decent [idk who did it but it wasn't from here] so I gave up for a while until I found the show.

When I got to the end of the second season I was like "No... No, there has to be more!" so I started reading the manga. I started from like chapter 218 or so and got caught up all in one night (largely because most of the chapters were Haku at one point and I love that idiot so much it's unhealthy).

As I was reading, I pulled some of my favorite bits from the Hakuryuu vs. Gyokuen fight because they were just ridiculous or hilarious.

This is one of the few reasons I call Gyokuen "Queen of the Face of Death" because no lie that was one of the most frightening things I've seen. O.O

YASSS! I yelled very loudly when I saw this and got myself a few concerned looks. Whoops.

Face of Death 2

LITERALLY THE BIGGEST WTF MOMENT FOR ME OUT OF EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN AND WATCHED. I had to just stare in shock at my screen for a little while since I just couldn't process what was happening... I still shudder when I think about it. Poor Hakuryuu. >.<

Face of Death 3. I think I just stopped asking what the frick Gyokuen's mental issues were because there really just wasn't a point anymore omfg.

While the whole vampire bite thing weirded me out a little bit, I couldn't help cheering Haku on as he finally got a bit of an upper hand on her.

Those were just some particular highlights I bothered to screencap while I was reading. The Alibaba x Mor little bit was adorable, as was the somewhat random hook-up of Toto and Olba (another thing I've decided not to question because it's super cute).

What were some of y'all's favorite moments? :D
When my friends try to talk to me after I finish a new chapter of something:

frogmage

• The Absentee Mother
  • don't stop me now
    • View Profile
    • rock you like a hurricane
Re: Adventures in Binge-Reading [SPOILERS FOR MANGA CH. 249-251 OR SO)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 10:17:20 pm »
Those were all of my favorite moments, ngl.

With the addition of Judar's abs.

yukinakae12

• And then Buffy staked Edward. The end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 10:55:18 pm »
Life is always good when you get to see Judal's abs.
When my friends try to talk to me after I finish a new chapter of something:

Ganymede

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 03:21:53 am »
Anything is great with Judal's abs. mmm yes.

Also the fight with Gyokuen was a crazy wild ride from start to finish!! ahhh it was really great~

Angry_Magi_Fan

• Magi is the greatest manga ever!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:25:35 am »
Ch. 260 raws, im hyped and sad at the same time