Author Topic: Cleaners Help  (Read 2243 times)

Hakodoushi

• View Profile
Cleaners Help
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:19:27 am »
Hey I plan to apply as a cleaner in the future, but with the experience I have now I feel uncomfortable to apply. When I feel ready I can't wait to join you guys but as of now I have a couple of question.

Q1. When a raw is released how fast are you needed to respond (like right away, that day, the next day)?
Q2. How fast should the job be done?
Q3. What was you average time as a cleaner (starting out and currently).

aoi

• The Azure Empress
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaners Help
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 11:24:25 am »
Hey. So I'm not a cleaner (I'll pester someone to answer those specific questions) but I can answer the first two:

1) It depends on what type of raw it is. If it's like Magi/Magus/Sinbad (soon to be Rain) then you need to be able to respond basically right away. If it's for a volume series (Mother Keeper, Halle, OWF, ect.) then usually it's based on how quickly we want to release it.
2) Which brings me to this. If it's a mag series (Magi/etc.) then it needs to be done ASAP. Usually within 24-48 hours (shit happens). If it's a volume series it depends on the release speed. Generally it's 2-3 weeks. Sometimes 4 (like with Halle) sometimes 1 (like with Rain).
3) N/A for me sorry.

I'll pester some other people to help answer for you.

Revan

• Saviour of the Universe
  • Error 404: Personal Text Not Found
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 11:33:43 am »
[This post's content has been removed]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:28:19 am by Revan »

Error 404: Signature not found

Hakodoushi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:06:22 pm »
Wow thank you for the quick response! :)

Also are the raws provided in a certain section on the site because I would love to attempt some and get feedback from you guys on quality or tips to better my cleans.

Ps. Iv'e already read the Volume Cleaning 101 topic, and if you guys have links to help me understand more indept that would be appreciated.

aoi

• The Azure Empress
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 01:14:03 pm »
Wow thank you for the quick response! :)

Also are the raws provided in a certain section on the site because I would love to attempt some and get feedback from you guys on quality or tips to better my cleans.

Ps. Iv'e already read the Volume Cleaning 101 topic, and if you guys have links to help me understand more indept that would be appreciated.

The best thing to do is to grab some raws off the internet or attempt our cleaning test.

Hakodoushi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 01:42:35 pm »
One last thing!

Can a cleaner please put a download link of a before and after edit of a clean.

aoi

• The Azure Empress
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »
Hmmm what'cha mean by that exactly?

Hakodoushi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 09:14:45 pm »
Want to see a image of a page that needs cleaning, and than the finished product. But people probably just save over the original when they finish. OH WELL!!!

So far I've been watching tutorials today, but tomorrow I'm going to attempt the test assigned to Eclaire (http://forums.sensescans.com/index.php?topic=2403.0). When I'm done I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys.

aoi

• The Azure Empress
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 09:00:26 am »
Normally the cleaner will give a PSD with a raw layer and the cleaned layer.
Feel free to try the test out, but considering how everyone's busy I can't say feedback will be.... timely....
But good luck!

Tammi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »
I'd say stick to learning tankoubon cleaning. Magazine cleaning is usually beyond the skill level of beginners and is hard to learn from scratch.