Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2119 times)

Raigerzero

• View Profile
Hello
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:45:12 am »
Hi everyone.

I was recently accepted as a translator's assistant/consultant with the Magi group. Pretty much all I do is supply the etymological source for katakana words in the source language (usually Arabic) with its translation and then suggest a translation of the Japanese that most closely matches the source (usually Arabic).

I am a latecomer to this series (Never heard of it until the anime came out), but I have caught up in the manga by now.

.....I like linguistics. But I am not majoring in that. So I know about a lot of languages, which is somewhat helpful in this role.

Nice to meet you all.

frogmage

• The Absentee Mother
  • don't stop me now
    • View Profile
    • rock you like a hurricane
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:48:57 pm »
Hello! Welcome to the team! Your position is awesome :>

What times are you usually on, so I can bother you when a new term comes up in Magi? :3

Raigerzero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:57:14 pm »
Hi,

I am usually on in the afternoon, especially after 4:00 (in EST though - I'm from Boston), but I may be on at any time. If I'm not, send me a PM. I'll be notified by email (even through my cell phone) and I'll reply as soon as possible.

Also, when a new chapter is being translated, where can I see the raw? Knowing what is going on helps me pick the correct words.

frogmage

• The Absentee Mother
  • don't stop me now
    • View Profile
    • rock you like a hurricane
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:05:58 pm »
Oh, cool. I should be on by your time. I'm on +0800GMT, haha!

As for the raws, you have to speak with Tammy. You'll need a dropbox account though!