Author Topic: MAGI Colorings  (Read 2657 times)

Barahime Holic

• The Great Diva
    • View Profile
MAGI Colorings
« on: December 20, 2011, 08:48:22 pm »
I want to make a collection for MAGI to post with chapters. Like the colorings we always have in the end of chapters of mangas like Naruto or One Piece.

Someone knows how to color with PS?

This is my only coloring from Magi. I found a lovely lineart in Pixiv, I didn't draw this. But I colored it. I am also in process of coloring a Judal lineart... This is what I have until now...

And also I want help to select manga panels to color myself..

Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:00:36 pm by Barahime Holic »
Add me on MSN if you want to learn more about the ways of samurais editors. <3

Art by Pixiv ?
Editing by me.
[/color]

aoi

• The Azure Empress
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MAGI Colorings
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 05:26:42 pm »
Download Paint Tool Sai.
Or get PS for free off of certain websites.

Nice coloring job. :)
I could color, but I'm busy with things. OTL

And I kinda hate those color things at the end of Naruto/Bleach/One Piece

Shichiyoru

• Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 11:51:24 pm »
I colour with colour pencils/PS/Sai Paint tool. Of these I prefer Sai.

I draw more than I colour though...
GET BACK TO WORK

Low

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 04:15:02 am »
Looks Nice. Good job on colouring.
Nothing to Display.. well; I might upload one, but too lazy to open photobucket now.

By the way, I do Avys, so if any of you want one; please PM me with stock/render with details of symbol/text or any other preferences.

duckiii3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 04:10:44 pm »
I'm familiar with coloring on PS Elements and PS CS2, but I think the blending of Paint tool Sai is amazing (though I've never used it). I can also do oil pastel, crayons, color pencils and watercolor--although color pencils are much easier/take less time in my opinion (also it's the only one I know how to make look decent even with mistakes LOL). If you ever need help-- just drop a message :3   *I'll see what I can do with my schedule*

Also, nice job with the coloring! Idk if I can give the same type of quality as you though xD If you don't mind blendy coloring rather than cell-shading like :
http://duckiii3.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4fdf32   or http://duckiii3.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d41nqrs  then I'd be glad to help ^^.  The second one takes a little more time if you prefer that style of coloring though. I tend to experiment a lot to find the style I'm most comfortable with O3O~  *does not have much great stuff in my gallery but working on my way to improve ;D *

as for adding the colorings at the end of the chapter-- I don't really mind! as long as you don't spam ten pages or so of it xD if it's place at the end-- it won't be a skipping frenzy to reach the manga xP  so I guess some part is appreciated?