I came here wanting to learn to be a cleaner and ended up as a tser T.T
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Royalblue
What the... How did your denoise and level did so much, more so than what my burning did....
Okay, in steps.
1) I first use the ruler tool to re-angle the page with arbitary something.. (apparently its slightly tilted)
2) I then cropped the page, the black stuff on the right side, the uneven on the top and the bottom and left the left side alone.
3) I then used smart sharpen, 150 and 1.5 radius
4) Next, convert to RGB mode.
5) Used denoise 3, Suppress noise: .5, Recover details: .1, Clean: .5, Reduce Blur: .4
6) Used denoise 5, Overall Strength: .7, Reduce Blur: .1
7) Then I change the pic back to grayscale mode and some weird pop up came. (Discard color information? Then something about changing to black and white instead but i just clicked discard.)
Then I started leveling and things started looking weird. The graph had no 2 hills, only one hill on the far right and no hill on the left side... all there were was a small little bump so I just dragged the slider around there.
9) I started burning and found a ton of white spots that you just can't burn away so I used the polygon and fill tool.
10) Found everything started looking weird and messed up on a couple of burning so I posted here to get more advice.
Okay, I keep trying but I keep feeling like I am doing it wrong...
This is how it looks like after I level and just as I feared, before I level there are no two hills, only one hill on the far right side so I just randomly did the left marker...
(click to show/hide)
I tried to do the burning after it but it seemed like I was burning everything wrong and a couple of details got wiped out into the black hole too...
(click to show/hide)
Hey there, I dont have an exam tomorrow so i took the night off and thought i would lend a hand.Keep the radius at 1.5.
Wow, all that was really really helpful guys! I'll be practicing a bit more first then hopefully be able to apply to this group soon!
BTW is it the job of a cleaner to remove the text too?
Is there any good way for you guys to do the inking? Burn or the use pen and then fill in tool?
I have Topaz Denoise 5 and Topaz Clean 3
I am also using Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended
Are those good enough?
I was recently following this thread on sense-scans
And was playing around with that raw but couldn't manage to get as good as that final picture since most of the links don't work.
I don't really understand what Denoise is for and what am I trying to blur out and how much is enough of blurring.
Next is Leveling, how do you know how far to level? Drag too little of the white marker the page becomes yellowish, and too much it becomes too bright. As for the other markers, I just estimate how far to drag without any real experience so yeah.
After that I tried to blur but when I blur, it isn't completely black at all, there are a number of white spots on the places that should be fully black like the shirt and pants. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for all the help!
Hi, I'm a new member, just joined today and I just started to get into some cleaning but I am having some troubles with the denoise and leveling part of the cleaning. Is anyone who is quite skilled in this area willing to partake some time into teaching me how to clean like a pro? I kinda wanna help sense scans release AKB faster lol.